From a POPCORN SELLER in Saudi Arabia to a CAREGIVER in Israel to a full-fledged Registered PHYSICAL THERAPIST now in New York!
PERSISTENCE is, indeed, the key to success. Do not forget that the word SCARCITY can always be used as a card to hardwork and eventually, success.
This is the story of Jong Paragas Pasana, 39 years old, one of SRG’s successful takers in the recent July 29, 2020 NPTE, who successfully cleared the NPTE on his last and only chance which was his 7th attempt. It was his FIRST time though to review with SRG when he took that go for the broke chance to sit for the said exam.
1. Jong started working as Popcorn seller in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from 2007-2010. Three years of being a so called Popcorn selling expert.
2. He went back to the Philippines because he believed he can do better in life if he studies again. He went to Emilio Aguinaldo College and finished PT in 2013.
3. In 2014, he reviewed for the NPTE but was denied by the US embassy to take said exam, not once, but twice.
4. He put aside the NPTE dream first because his pockets were empty already. He then applied and worked as a caregiver in Tel Aviv, Israel and worked for 18 months.
5. He applied then for fiancé visa for the US and by the grace of God, it was approved.
6. He finally set foot in the US. Immediately, his eyes were on the prize, the RPT crown.
7. He took the NPTE from October 2017 to to April 2018- FAILED all the three attempts
8. He took the NPTE again for the next possible three chances- FAILED again to a total of the maximum 6 attempts.
9. He worked in Nursing home facility as PTA and he met Celestine Kyle who was an SRG product (RPT) and tipped him that he could file for an appeal for a 7th try, as most SRG students have tried it. He did not know it was possible, so he did. It was approved.
10. He enrolled with SRG last Feb 2020 with Comprehensive Webinar, he filed for April 2020 exam but his exam was cancelled because of the Pandemic. He was very upset.
11. He moved his exam to July, enrolled in E learning 1 on 1 just so his momentum would not be disrupted, then joined the Compre Webinar again and had E-learning 1 on 1 Intensive Question-Based Review just three weeks before July 29.
12. He opened his FSBPT file on August 5 at 8am and finally he saw the word PASSED with a score of 616/800.
This is the and winding success story of Jong. Just like any other victories, Jong had tangible ups and downs, with the strongest possible winds to move his destiny into another direction. But there was one solid thing he had in mind: HE KNEW WHAT HE WANTED. As long as there was a chance, he would grab any opporunity.
Thanks for inspiring all of us, Jong. This story of yours will ignite those hearts who have rested their cases already when it comes to living their dreams of becoming licensed.
Congratulations, again, Jong! Thanks for your trust given to us.